Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Story


This has been an amazing 9 days. We as a team have grown so strong with our relationships. There are alot of people on this mission team that i have never really talked to in my life, but coming on this mission trip and spending time with everyone on the team individually and as a group has really brought me closer to them. I have made some new friends that i probably would have never talked to if it wasn't for this mission trip.

I am so glad that i made the decision to come on this trip. I have found many answers that I have been looking for, and this has definitely been a life changer for me. It is amazing how cool it is in Haiti. The culture is so different and it is amazing just looking around and seeing the amazing view of mountains where ever you look. It really saddens me to see how people live here every day. They have the worst living conditions I have seen in my life, but some how there is always a way to get a smile on the kids face, weather it is to put a wheel on a stick and role it around or just give them a hug and time of day to talk and play with them.

There is only 1 full day left and the week has flown by. I will miss going out to the villages and playing with the kids and helping families out and putting a huge smile on there face, and spending time with the team and getting to know these people more and more everyday, but i am also very excited to go home and tell everyone about all the great stories i have to tell about the trip. we head out tuesday morning and will be on a new adventure home.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers with us as we are here.

See you soon :)

Dan Heeg

1 comment:

  1. See you soon Dan! :) We miss you! And can't wait to hear more about your experiences! Thanks for sharing this! And we will pray for safe travels tomorrow! Enjoy your last day! And may you all Feel Gods arms wrapped around you say bye to all those that have touched your lives and made connections with! It may be the hardest part of the trip! But you all have made a difference and they all have been blessed by all of you! So proud of you and your team! And all those working there!
    God bless
    Dirk, Hilda, Ryan, Daniel, Jeremy and Alex :)

    ReplyDelete