Thursday, March 7, 2013

Maybe The Last Blog Before We Leave!


Everyone is getting excited as it is almost 30 hours until we depart. I remember hearing in the announcements at school that a team was going to Haiti. I instantly signed up without even thinking it through, which is not normal for me, but I think made the best choice to come. The trip is coming up so fast with every hour ticking off and I am super excited to go. I think we are going to have a great time and everyone is going to feel God’s presence in Haiti. As I just did my Profession of Faith in January, I am looking forward to actually make a difference in the world even if it is a small one. I never really have gone on a mission trip like this in a different country, so this is my first time. I think I will really come to appreciate with what we have here in Canada, and how we are so blessed by God. I just can’t wait to share God’s blessing with everyone else. We can be His hands and His feet. Romans 8:28 – “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” See everyone when I get back! “N a wè pi ta!” (See you later in Haitian)

Justin VanderVelde

6 comments:

  1. Justin, we'll be praying for you guys. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have trip everyone!! We will be thinking and praying for you while you are gone! Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such blessing to share your pre-trip enthusiasm and energy last night @ 1:45 AM! This trip is going to continue to shape each of you along your own faith journey as you experience life in Haiti. It was such a blessing to have the chance to pray together on the bus before you left and you're in our prayers right now as you travel!
    In His Hands, Pauline VanderVelde

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Justin!
    We've been tracking your advancement on the Flight Tracker online today! Grandma got us hooked and we caught your delay at JFK! We're now watching you fly over the Atlantic Ocean! Blessings! Love Ya, Mom, Dad, Jacob & Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justin,

    Good morning. By now you have probably arrived in Haiti. We hope that it is warm there. We've been praying for you that this will be a memorable and safe trip for you and your group. May GOD bless you in this endeavor, and keep you all safe there.

    Love,
    t. Hennie & u. Barend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let everyone know that they have arrived safely but the internet is down! Hope they can put something on the blog for us tomorrow! Sleep well everyone!

    ReplyDelete