Friday, March 15, 2013

Let's Go to the Be-each!

So today was BEACH DAY! We've been working all week and our schedules have been jam-packed with lots of activities, like going to villages to hang out with the kids, painting houses, church, etc. Having a relaxing day at the beautiful resort was really refreshing and it was super nice to relax (and tan too). The ocean was really beautiful and the resort made me feel like I wasn't even in Haiti because it was so different than what the rest of Haiti looks like. The culture here is extremely different than in Canada and some of the things are quite shocking to see. There are always people on the streets and driving is COMPLETELY INSANE. Basically, if your vehicle doesn't have a horn, you're toast. 

We've had lots of good times so far as a team and I'm having an amazing experience in Haiti. Helping out all the people here is so amazing and all of them are so appreciative. We've gone around in villages to pray for the people and they invite us right into their house! 

My favorite moments of this trip have been involved with working and playing with the kids and just loving them. They are all super smiley, excited and happy all the time! They love to be held and talk with us (even though it takes some translating because they talk in Creol). All the people here are just so friendly and wave to you and say hi to you when you're just passing by. I love all the people here, pretty much I just love everything about this place.

SOOOOOOOOOO to sum my trip so far up in one word, it's been FANTASTIC. I'm so excited to have this opportunity to be here and I just love Haiti. Still missing all my friends and family back home, but I'm going to enjoy the last 3 days we still have left in Haiti and enjoy every minute of them.

-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    Blessings! Your blog is an inspiration and wonderful to read about your different experiences & adventures! We're so thankful that you are having such a wonderful time! Enjoy your last few days!
    Cheers Aunt Pauline, Uncle Ed, Jacob & Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you're having such a great time in Haiti! I'm sure that you have been such a blessing to the many lives that you have touched. I'm glad that you had a good time at the beach as well. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures! Love, Aunt Anna, Uncle Paul and family

    ReplyDelete