Friday, March 15, 2013

Itties


I love it here in Haiti. I love everything about it ! It's all so beautiful & it's hard to meet someone who doesn't make you smile. The children are what is sticking with me the most, no matter what you're doing or where you are they follow you & want to be with you. They are fascinated with my hair, they all braid it or touch it & all the women grab it too. They love to put their hands all over your face & poke you. They're honestly the cutest. It's hard to see their living conditions & what is so normal for them. When we're painting or playing with them we will take water breaks, but these kids have none with them & are just as thirsty. They'll ask for water & it is so hard to say no to the little cuties, but we have no choice. Other than them asking for water they are super happy & content with just being around us. It's feels so great to show love to everyone here & give them a glimpse of hope. Being here in Haiti has opened my eyes to both poverty & beauty; & it's really showing me what's important in life & how much I have. (I'm also learning to haggle to get things "cheap-cheap"). Today I went jet-skiing with Regan, we went so fast I flew off into the ocean... Quite the experience I must say. Too fun.
God has been good & I look forward to what the last few days have to bring ! 
Miss ya'll <3. 

Laura Heeg

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone. Sounds like today was a lot of fun for you guys! Glad you survived the jet-ski ride with Regan, Laura! I'm also glad to hear that you are still looking forward to spending the last few days in Haiti. Soak it all in and keep giving of yourself to the people there. Keep spreading God's love around like it seems you are all doing already! You've got lots of love to give!
    Laura's mom

    ReplyDelete