Friday, March 15, 2013

B-B-B-BEACH DAY (And Many Other Fabulous Things)


I actually feel extremely tan right now... WHADDUP. As you can tell, it's Emma. Today what we did as a team was we went with a whole bunch load of other teams to the BEEEACH. I really love the beach. Like, a lot. We tanned, swam, jumped off rocks, went jet-skiing, bought things, etc. It was a blast. 

So today I didn't get to hang out with l'il children, which kinda sucked, but there is still time! The past week has been absolutely phenomenal. Yesterday I got to pray over a little girl who had burns all over her body and I got to talk to her and just show her that she's loved.  That's one of the reasons why I am having such an amazing experience; I get to make others feel loved. Some of these women that we pray over invite us into their homes and let us see the way that they live (honestly, their homes are extremely humid). But just the fact that they invite us into the place that they live even though they don't know us kind of shocked me. They didn't even know me, but they just told us to come on in! So amazing!
Another thing I realized in the time that I've been here is that a lot of these kids walk around in bare feet. They walk on these stones and you know the way we cringe or walk really carefully when we're walking on stones? They just walk right through like it's completely normal. Even if there's glass there. The kids also just join up with our groups when we're walking through the village, and their parents don't even go looking for them. This culture is just so different than anything I've ever seen before. 

So that's basically all I have for this blog post. I hope e'erybody's doing wonderful at home. MISS YOU ALL. Mainly my beautiful mother. HEY MA, hope you're coping without me. I know it's hard, but you'll get through it. And to Papa and Meg, stay cool. It's only 3 full days of being here and I will see y'all on Tuesday. I've started saying y'all by the way because we are hanging out with people from Texas. It's all good... But I might come back speaking in a Texan accent. Whateva, doesn't even matter. 
Kay bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment