Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Trip of Change


Well, the team and I have been in Haiti for 9 days now. This trip has been full of change in so many ways. It was such a neat experience to come back, everything was and is familiar and to have that feeling is great. The week started off a little tough, seeing the Van Pelts go home a little quicker than planned but in the end it was the right choice for them and that is all what matters. Throughout the week I saw a variety of things that just made me think. 

Last year, there was a girl from the village of Leveque that I had met and held for most of the afternoon. Well, we were back in Leveque several times throughout this past week but it was just yesterday that I saw this girl for the first time since last year. She was in the same faded old orange shirt, all ripped and torn up. This really struck me. I felt as if time has stood still for them, yet I've had a year full of changes. I missed connecting with the people of Haiti over this past year. 

There are so many highlights over this past week that I'm having a hard time putting it all into words. I am just so grateful and happy to be back here, I've loved it all. We have one more full day left tomorrow, then Tuesday morning we head out. 

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers with us as we are here. 

See you soon! 

Jill deBoer

No comments:

Post a Comment