Sunday, March 3, 2013

6 more days


We are down to a week till our departure for Haiti and I think I can speak on behalf of my team and myself that excitement is building more and more as the 9th approaches! I am really starting to get excited and kind of realizing the fact that I'm going to go to Haiti! I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me through this eye-opening experience. Everything about this trip is new for me, it will be the first time I go on a plane, the first time going to a different country besides going to the states. I'm looking forward to bonding with my fellow classmates, and getting to know Kenton's sister, and dad, and the other chaperones accompanying us. I'm looking forward to renting a jet ski on beach day and letting it go out on the ocean as I've always wanted to drive one for a long time now. I'm looking forward to play some sports with the Haitian kids. I'm already beginning to pack some stuff, just hoping I don't forget anything even though I know I will for sure. I just like to thank everyone that has been praying for the team as without Gods help we wouldn't be here! 

Tyler Wagensveld 

3 comments:

  1. It was such blessing to share your pre-trip enthusiasm and energy last night @ 1:45 AM! This trip is going to continue to shape you along your own faith journey as you experience life in Haiti. It was such a blessing to have the chance to pray together on the bus before you left and you're in our prayers right now as you travel! I wish you a wonderful time in Haiti!
    In His Hands, Mrs. VanderVelde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Tyler. I have heard you have arrived safely in Haiti and hope all is going well for you and your team. It was hard to let you on this trip as a parent as you feel you should be there for your childs first plane ride, different country, new experience etc. Really hope and pray it all goes well, that you enjoy it, that you grow as you experience Haiti. Will miss you more than you think. Be safe and have fun.
    Love your Dad and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning - It is Thursday already and in 5 days you will be on your way home already - Hope and pray that things are going well and you are truly enjoying your time there. We are a pretty disappointed they are having internet problems as we were looking forward to seeing the daily blogs from you and your team! Things are going well here and enjoying our March Break as well.
    Missing you and looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday and hearing all about your trip!
    Love your Dad

    ReplyDelete