Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3 more days

HAITI IN 3 MORE DAYS! AHHH it's so soon! I literally cannot believe that Haiti is in 3 days... It seems like just yesterday that I felt daring enough to even express interest in the trip. But now it's all starting to sink in, and I'm SO EXCITED. I'm all packed, but I still know I'll end up forgetting something when it's time to go. I would have never thought that I would ever be doing this, especially cause last year I had the opportunity to go to Haiti but I wasn't ready. But this year, it's in the plan and I'm all set to go and see what God has in store for me. I'm really excited to work with all the kids in Haiti and learn more in my walk with God. 

I can't wait to jump into this new experience and spread God's love to all the people in Haiti. This will be the first mission trip I've ever gone on, and I'm really excited for what it's going to be like. Everything will be so new, but I trust that God will keep my safe and be with me the whole time. I'm really like the team and I'm just so pumped for this trip!


-ashley sluys

4 comments:

  1. We will miss you Ashley. Enjoy the people of Haiti, give them all you have: your smile, love, and above all God's Word. Have a wonderful time! Love, Mom, Dad, Emily, Amy and Bradley

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such blessing to share your pre-trip enthusiasm and energy last night @ 1:45 AM! This trip is going to continue to shape you along your own faith journey as you experience life in Haiti. It was such a blessing to have the chance to pray together on the bus before you left and you're in our prayers right now as you travel!
    In His Hands, Aunt Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley. Heard you arrived safely with everyone. We are so happy the good Lord got you all there safely. Today our elder prayed for both you and Colin and all those on mission trips, which was beautiful. Hope you enjoyed today's church service and your Sunday. Love you! Mom, Dad, Emily, Amy, Bradley (and Moochee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley. Heard you all painted a house in a village. That's great! Glad you are having an awesome time. We went to watch Dylan and Uncle Mike play hockey against Uncle Doug, Uncle Ed and Uncle Paul (Dylan's team won). It was fun. All is well here. Love and miss you!

    Mom, Dad, Emily, Amy and Bradley (and Moochee too)

    ReplyDelete